Q. Are there soy phytoestrogens (isoflavonoids) in nanogreens?
No, lecithin is derived from non-GMO soy oil, not soy protein, and as such does not contains phytoestrogens.
Q. Can even infants benefit from nanogreens?
Yes! Although the best way for infants to benefit from nanogreens is if their mother is taking it and breast feeding. Children under 6 should take ½ servings.
Q. Can I make nanogreens less sweet?
Yes, in two ways. First, you may simply add more water. Second, you may add lemon or lime juice according to your taste preferences.
Q. Can I take both nanogreens and nanoreds?
Yes! Although both give you equivalent of the antioxidant power of 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, they are very different! Nanogreens has more antioxidants from the deep dark greens we don’t normally get in our diet. nanoreds focuses more on high antioxidant fruits but also contains a highly bioavailable vitamin C and resveratrol for anti-aging.
Q. Can I take nanogreens if I am on prescription blood thinners?
nanogreens contains less than 5 mcg of Vit K per serving, and is not contraindicated when taking blood thinners. Of course, all prescription medical questions should be directed to your physician and pharmacist.
Q. Can nanogreens be enjoyed by patients with candidiasis (candida infection)?
nanogreens is perfect for people suffering from enteric or systemic candida infections. Phytonutrients have many beneficial effects on the immune system. They also promote Phase I and II liver detoxification. nanogreens has several natural ingredients, like cholagogues, lipotropics, and enzymes, that promote normal bile flow, digestive function, and elimination. Bile is a powerful yeast killer! Those with severe candidiasis must often restrict their intake of fruits and grains, as they contain too much sugar. Sugar is the food that yeasts thrive on through fermentation. With nanogreens, the diet is supplemented richly with a wide variety of phytonutrients, but with comparatively low carbohydrates. Therefore, nanogreens, also being free of common allergens, yeasts, and molds, may be integral to a well rounded approach to candidiasis control and prevention.
Q. Can't I just take a multi-vitamin instead?
nanogreens is made from a combination of several dozen whole super foods, whole super food extracts and concentrates, herbs, enzymes, special spices and super fibers. No multi-vitamin comes close to supplying all the phyto-nutrients and the health benefits they bring. One would have to buy a half dozen of so many different bottles of pills, taking somewhere around two dozen tablets a day, at the cost of over $120+ a month, to even come close!
Q. Do you use hexane extraction of soy lecithin?
Hexane extraction in not used in our non- GMO soy lecithin.
Q. How can Biopharma Scientific get all these phytonutrients and antioxidants into just one scoop of powder?
We spare no expense in purchasing the finest organic greens, fruits and veggies that are grown and processed specifically for their high phytonutrient content. Many of these are then juiced and low temperature spray dried or freeze dried to concentrate all the natural goodness of freshly juiced produce, but without the sugar, fiber and water. We also add well researched single phytonutrients like quercitin (found richest in apples and onions), resveratrol (as in red wine), ellagic acid (raspberries, cherries) and catechins (green tea) lycopene (tomatoes), and lutein(greens).
Q. How do I take nanogreens?
Mix one level scoop (provided in your canister), with 6-8 ounces of ice cold, pure water, unsweetened almond or coconut milk. Stir briskly or shake in a nano shaker and enjoy one to three times a day. nanogreens may best be taken alone on an empty stomach. First thing in the AM is ideal! nanogreens is also good mixed with a nanopro or other nanos as a meal replacement or pre workout meal. It is much easier to take super green foods daily in almost any circumstance when all you need to add is water! Adding fruit juice adds carbohydrates and calories as well as adding considerably to the real cost of taking a super greens mix. For those few who still wish to mix nanogreens with other juices, diluted in water fruit juice is our best recommendation, especially organic, unfiltered apple juice or fresh squeezed orange juice with pulp! Those enjoying less than 7 (female) or 9 (male) servings a day would do best to take a scoop a day. Those exposed to lots of toxins/ pollutants/ smoke/ stress, or have routine intense physical activity may benefit from two or three scoops a day. Your health practitioner may recommend a different dosage related to your specific health condition. We recommend that children under six take ½ scoop per day.
Q. How many servings are in a container of nanogreens?
There are 30 twelve gram servings of nanogreens in each container. As the density and weight of a scoop can be affected by many factors, sometimes a few more scoops are available, sometimes a few less. Keep in mind nanogreens is sold by weight, not by volume. Settling will occur and it is normal for the container to not be full by the time it is opened. This is a function of the super fine processing that allows nanogreens to mix so instantly without lots of clumping, as is the case with some other greens products.
Q. How much Iodine is in nanogreens?
Although levels will vary somewhat, there are always very small amounts of Iodine in a serving of nanogreens, mostly from the organic sea kelp.
Q. I am allergic to soy. Can I take nanogreens?
nanogreens does not contain soy protein, which is an allerge. Nanogreens does contain soy lecithin which is made from soybean oil, not protein. Soy lecithin "is the mixed phosphatide product obtained from soybean oil by a degumming process. (It contains many healthy nutrients like choline, cephalin and inositol phosphatides, together with glycerides of soybean oil and traces of tocopherols, glucosides and pigments.") Therefore, it is highly unlikely that soy allergy is a problem.
Q. I am caffeine sensitive. Can I enjoy nanogreens?
nanogreens is essentially caffeine free. The green tea/white tea are decaffeinated, high polyphenol extracts. The total tea extracts are less than 100mg in every serving and consist mostly of polyphenol catechin concentrates. Even if that 100mg was 3% caffeine, that would be 3-mg a serving, but it is much less than that. It is common for people to feel energy when taking nanogreens, especially in the beginning. Rest assured that nanogreens contains no stimulants. When first enjoying nanogreens, we recommend you take your dose in the early morning, upon rising, until you are sure it is not interfering with sleep.
Q. I am sugar sensitive and on a very low carb diet? Is
nanogreens OK for me?
nanogreens is not only OK, but it is an excellent supplement for those on low carb, low calorie and low sugar diets. nanogreens has only 8g of carbohydrate. It tastes so good in plain, cold water that adding high sugar juices is not necessary to make it more palatable. nanogreens supplies many of the phytonutrients that are missing in restricted low carb and low calorie diets. Plus, nanogreens has a systemic alkalizing effect, which helps counterbalance high acid ash protein and fat rich diets. nanogreens does not contain added sugars of any kind. The 8gm of sugars listed on the label are carbohydrates that occur naturally. nanogreens is formulated with the highest grade stevia, a safe and natural leaf used for centuries. Stevia is promoted as an exceptional aid in weight loss and weight management because it contains no calories and reduces one's craving for sweets and fatty foods. Preliminary research data indicates that Stevia may actually reset the hunger mechanism in people where the pathway between the hypothalamus and the stomach has become obstructed. If so, Stevia would help people to feel satiated sooner, helping them to eat less. To maximize this effect, stevia sweetened products are best taken 20 minutes before meals.
Q. I eat and vegetables every day. Can I still benefit from nanogreens?
Are you eating from a wide variety of fresh or lightly cooked fruits and vegetables of all the different colors? We must remember, many authorities are concerned that our mass produced foods, even the fresh ones, while thankfully abundant, are nonetheless nutrient poor because of modern agri-business practices.
While most nutritionists, dieticians and health practitioners today say 7-9 servings is optimal, age, size, exposure to environmental toxins, medications, disease states, and even high activity levels may increase the optimal to as high as 13 servings a day.
Admittedly, there are a small percentage of people who eat so well they easily include more than a half dozen daily servings of a wide variety of fresh and lightly cooked organically grown, vine ripened fruits and vegetables of all the colors, plus the special spices, herbs, fermented and super foods found in nanogreens. Even they have days when their schedule or travels won't allow it.
Q. I have food allergies. Can I take nanogreens?
nanogreens contains NO yeast, egg, preservatives, MSG, glutamate derivatives, alcohol, artificial flavoring, salt, starch, maltodextrin, wheat, corn, stabilizers, solvents, or dairy. Many of the food ingredients contained in nanogreens like spirulina, and quercitin (from onions) have been shown to have antihistamine properties.
Q. I have hypothyroidism. Is the iodine in nanogreens safe for me?
One serving of nanogreens can supply a small amount of iodine but always check with your primary physician if you have a hypothyroid issue.
Q. Is it bad to mix all the different kinds of fruits and vegetables in
Some nutritionists recommend a food-combining regime that separates the enjoyment of most fruits and vegetables at the same time. Such recommendations are given to maximize the ease of digestion and minimize gas and acid formation through fermentation. (Fermentation is a process related to the anaerobic conversion of sugar to carbon dioxide and alcohol by yeast.) Ninety-eight percent of the naturally occurring sugars in nanogreens come from vegetables, oat bran and rice bran. There is very, very little fruit sugar, as we use mostly use super concentrated fruit phytonutrient extracts. With the very minimal amounts of natural fruit sugars content left, fermentation is simply not a problem. Indeed, it is a common anecdotal report that nanogreens helps digestion and elimination!
Q. Is nanogreens a meal replacement?
No, nanogreens contains only 50 calories per serving, with very little protein and fat. nanogreens is micronutrient dense (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients), not macronutrient dense (carbs, proteins and fats.) A good meal replacement is to add one scoop of nanogreens to one scoop of nanopro and nanomega with 8 ounces of water and unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
Q. Is nanogreens organic?
nanogreens is made with organic ingredients.
nanogreens is manufactured in in the USA in a Certified cGMO and FDA registered facility. The organic ingredients are listed with an asterisk. Every ingredient that can be organic, is organic. However, there is, for example, no organic powdered lecithin currently available, though we do use non-GMO lecithin. All ingredients are pesticide and herbicide free. The herbs are all water extracted, not solvent or alcohol extracted. None of the ingredients are irradiated. We list quality assurance heavy metals and microbial tests on the nanogreens science page.
Q. Is silica safe?
Silica dioxide is diatomacious earth, a naturally occurring product composed of the shells of tiny, single celled algae. It is used as an anti-caking agent to keep powdered foods free-flowing and toprevent moisture absorption, as in salt, baking powder, and confectioner's sugar. The FDA considers silica dioxide safe (GRAS). In respects other than inhalation, pure silicon dioxide is inert and harmless. Pure silicon dioxide produces no fumes and is insoluble in the body. It is indigestible, with zero nutritional value and zero toxicity. When silica is ingested orally, it passes unchanged through the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, exiting in the feces, leaving no trace behind.
Q. Is stevia a natural sweetener? Is it safe?
Stevia is a natural plant leaf. In "over 120 articles about stevia written before 1958, and over 900 articles published to date... no author has ever reported any adverse human health consequences associated with consumption of stevia leaf." The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has declared that rebaudioside A (rebiana), derived from the stevia plant, is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for use as a general purpose sweetener. The FDA faxed approval letters late on Dec. 17, 2008.
Q. Can pregnant and nursing moms take nanogreens?
As nanogreens is just a super food concentrate, there is no contraindication in pregnancy or nursing as such. Ask your doctor and show him or her the product. Nanogreens is a great way to get good nutrition during pregnancy or while nursing many pregnant moms have also reported less cravings when taking nanogreens!
Q. Are there any fillers in nanogreens?
There are no fillers in nanogreens Every ingredient is added to give nanogreens a better flavor quality, color and texture. Every ingredient is nanogreens has a health benefit!
Q. What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants are natural substances that fight harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are a normal byproduct of living things creating energy. They are also produced from smoking, radiation, sunlight, high sugar diets, polyunsaturated and trans fats, and chemical pollutants. Even exercising causes free radicals! If well nourished and not over stressed, our bodies create their own antioxidants, but never enough to prevent the slow but steady "burning up" of our tissues. This oxidation damage builds up over time, leading eventually to the common signs and symptoms of aging, such as wrinkles, arthritis, cataracts, macular degeneration, emphysema, heart disease, strokes and cancer. It is interesting to note that the longer a species of animal lives, the more antioxidants it has in its body. Much evidence now exists that a diet high in antioxidants from fruits, vegetables, sprouted shoots and greens, algae, herbs and spices helps delay the onset of the above common complications and disease of aging by supplying extra warriors in the never ending battle against free radical damage. nanogreens is rich in these essential antioxidants.
Q. What are phytonutrients?
Phytonutrients are chemicals from plants. These chemicals act as antioxidants and detoxifiers that protect the plant from oxidants and toxins. Both present externally and internally generated, that would rob vitality and sooner or later cause the plant to suffer sickness and premature death. There are many different kinds of phytonutrients. When we include an abundant, wide variety of these plant nutrients in our diets, we get some of the very same protection and benefits! This is why safe, consumable plants high in phytonutrients are called super foods.
Q. What are some of the specific potential benefits of all the
different nutrients found in the nanogreens supplement?
• Good Source of Vitamins and/or Minerals: Spirulina, chlorella, spray dried barley grass juice, spray dried organic fruit and vegetable juice powder, and kelp are all "nutrient dense" foods, full of natural organic vitamins and minerals.
• Rich in Antioxidants: Spirulina, chlorella, barley and wheat grass , quercitin, green tea, resveratrol, grape seed extract, grape skin extract, carrot, broccoli, sweet potato, cabbage, spinach, parsley, kale, tomato, blueberry, cranberry, are all known for their rich antioxidant phytonutrient content. No "vitamin pill" even comes close!
• Anti Fatigue*: Spirulina, chlorella, wheat and barley grass juice are rich in natural B vitamins, iron, and chromium. Kelp supports healthy thyroid function, and cinnamon helps insulin work to get blood sugar into your cells.
• Weight Control*: Green tea and kelp both support a more optimal fat burning metabolism. Cinnamon helps insulin work to get blood sugar into your cells, limiting sugar cravings. So does the stevia. The green algae grasses are potassium rich, often acting like natural "water pills". Next time you need a lift, forego the sweets and try a refreshing glass of nanogreens.
• Help Relieve Symptoms of Fibromyalgia and/or Arthritis*: Spirulina, chlorella, wheat and barley grass, grape seed extract, enzymes and kelp have all been reported as having anecdotal success with joint and muscle pains and stiffness.
• Help Maintain Strong Bones*: Spirulina, chlorella, wheat and barley grass, spray dried organic fruit and vegetable juice powders are highly alkaline. A more alkaline diet helps keep your body from using its alkaline reserves of calcium and magnesium in your bones in order to keep the body from becoming too acid. This robbing of your alkaline reserve is the basis for one of the mechanisms causing osteoporosis.
• Helps Maintain Younger Looking Hair and Skin*: Nutrient and antioxidant rich, and fortified with white tea, nanogreens helps slow skin aging. Plus, by supporting healthy elimination and detoxification, this stressful burden is lessened for the skin, which is also an important organ of elimination.
• Help Support the Immune System and/or Antiviral, Antibacterial Activity*: Spirulina, chlorella, wheat and barley grass, green tea, cinnamon, and prebiotics have each been reported to help us ward off infection and keep pathogenic and opportunistic bacteria at bay.
• Help To Improve Mental Acuity and Protect Your Memory*: Soy lecithin is the richest natural source of phosphatidyl choline, a vital brain memory nutrient. Essential fatty acids from algae, dark greens, and rice bran are rich sources of natural essential fatty acids, the "good fats". Our brains are 60% fat! Plus, the antioxidants in berries have been proven to slow brain aging!
• Help Support Detoxification and Remove Toxic Heavy Metals from the Body*: Spirulina, chlorella, wheat and barley grass chelate heavy metals. Milk thistle, artichoke, cruciferous vegetables and red beet root support liver detoxification.
• Support Ease of Digestion and Elimination*: Plant enzymes, milk thistle, artichoke, and soy lecithin all support digestion and/or elimination. Plus the chlorophyll in spirulina, chlorella and barley grass juice, along with the aloe vera, tends to have a soothing and healing effect. All this combines to often help eliminate the root causes of heartburn and indigestion.
• Help Reduce Risk of Heart Disease and Lower Cholesterol*: Soluble rice bran, soy lecithin, green tea, grape seed extract, spirulina, chlorella, green grass spouts, plus all the other antioxidants, can help keep our hearts strong, our arteries clear and flexible. Vitamin K from spinach and kale, is important in inhibiting atherosclerotic plaques (hardening of the arteries or atherosclerosis.) Enzymes can all help keep our blood from spare clotting, and are of value in limiting stroke and heart attacks. Help Reduce Risk of Cancer and/or Demonstrates Antitumor Activity*. Barley grass juice, spirulina, chlorella, apple pectin, green tea, grape seed extract, beets and cruciferous vegetables can all help our bodies antioxidant and anti-mutagen immune defense systems.
• Support the Eyes and Prevent Macular Degeneration*: Carrots, spinach, kale, parsley, , are antioxidant rich, especially the kind of antioxidants the eyes like, lutein and zeaxanthin, while berries are rich in retina and brain friendly anthocyanins.
• Help Keep You Looking And Feeling Young*: One of the reasons we age is that our cells literally become full of toxic debris and burn out (oxidize). By incorporating super foods that promote detoxification and fight oxidation (antioxidants), most anti-aging specialists agree that we can slow the aging process!
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. nanogreens is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease.
Q. What are the "Natural Flavors" in nanogreens?
The natural flavors in nanogreens are proprietary. (That means our secret recipe). We can assure you that all the natural flavors are 100% natural, plant sourced, vegan extracts. There are no MSG, other glutamate based, or any neuro- excitatory peptides or additives or "flavor enhancers."
Q. What is the difference between nanogreens and nanoreds?
You view the answer pdf by clicking here. – same answer as “can I take nanogreens and reds.
Q. What is the glycemic index for nanogreens?
The glycemic index measures how fast and how far blood sugar rises after you eat a food that contains carbohydrates. The glycemic load of a food is calculated by multiplying the glycemic index by the amount of carbohydrate in grams provided by a food and dividing the total by 100. No studies have been done on the glycemic index because the glycemic load of nanogreens must be negligible. One 12 gm serving contains 8 gm of carbohydrate, of which only 3 gm is simple sugars. But let's say for arguments sake that all 8 gm of nanogreens had a GI score of 100. The Glycemic Load would be (100 x 8) / 100 = 8 GL, very low as you can see. Because nanogreens tastes so good in plain water, with perhaps an added squeeze of lemon, no high sugar glycemic juices need to be added. The nutritional analysis of the carbs in nanogreens is here
Q. What is the vitamin/mineral content of nanogreens?
Although nanogreens is micronutrient dense, it does not, nor is it designed to supply the RDV of every vitamin and mineral. Also, as nanogreens is a live food product, nutrient density will vary somewhat from batch to batch. nanogreens is specially formulated to supply 50% of the RDV of vitamin A (from naturally occurring betacaortene) and 50% vitamin C (from acerola cherry).
The purpose of a greens drink like nanogreens is to help provide the phytonutrition of 10+ plus servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Phytonutrients 1) function as antioxidants, 2) modulate immune, anti-inflammatory, detoxification and hormonal functions, and 3) help optimize hemodynamics.
One of the most powerful functions of phytonutrients is to act as antioxidants. Oxygen Radical Absorpbance Capacity (ORAC value) is a way of measuring the antioxidant power of food or supplements. Therefore perhaps the best way to measure the phytonutrition of a greens drink is to first make sure each of the 7 classes of phytonutrients is significantly represented by fruits, vegetables and spices of all the different colors. Then one must make sure the ORAC value is high enough so that taken as directed, the diet supplies the phytonutrition based antioxidant value of 10 servings of fruits and vegetables. The developers of nanogreens were the first to develop a greens drink whose potency was validated by ORAC testing.
In order to maintain such a high ORAC in just a 12g serving, a product must start with high ORAC fruits and vegetables and spices. That is why most of our ingredients are either certified organic juice powders or standardized herbal and phytonutrient extracts. And then we must prepare the product without exposure to solvents and with minimal heat, light, moisture and oxygen exposure. If these steps are not followed, an unsatisfactory ORAC value is attained. Being a live food, nanogreens ORAC value will vary from batch to batch, but we always guarantee, taken as directed, that the diet will have the phytonutrition of 10 servings of fruits and veggies.
You can learn more about the nutrition in each ingredient by seeing our Scientific White Paper.
The real way to evaluate the potency of this product is for you, your family and your staff to enjoy it regularly for one month. That is the best way to be convinced nanogreens is supplying nutrients that you need!
Q. Why is nanogreens my best choice in phytonutrition?
nanogreens was formulated to be the most complete, highest quality, organic phytonutrition product available that is proven to be the most absorbable, making it the most powerful in your body! Most people like it because it is the best tasting!